Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour

What is it: A colourful crayon that glides easily onto your lips, delivering a sheer wash of colour to leave lips looking plump, nourished, soft and kissable. It is available in 6 different shades and offers build-able colour.

How does it work: A blend of butters, oils and antioxidants, infused with shea butter, mango seed butter and Jojoba oil deliver a surge of moisture to the lips and leaving healthy, soft and supple lips with a translucent wash of colour.

How much does it cost/where can I buy it: Buy it from your local Clinique counter at the recommended retail price of R175.

Consumer Tip: The wide rounded crayon allows for easy application without a mirror and the twist up base means you don’t need to know where your sharpener is.

Pro Tip: A great product for beach shoots and “natural” makeup shots – adding colour for camera with no additional texture past the point of “healthy shine.”

How I believe the product could improve: Add a broad spectrum SPF and it would be day lip perfection in crayon form – though if that meant compromising on texture I’d rather apply the sunshield before.

Since these Chubby Sticks are so very lovely – and since I have a couple to spare –  I’m going to give away two of them to one lucky reader!

All you have to do is follow these 3 simple steps:

1) Like Samantha Laura Kaye on Facebook

2) Give me a reason you love the Chubby Sticks, or a reason for me to choose you in the comment section below.

3)Tweet the link to the competition – make sure to mention @slkaye so your tweet doesn’t go unnoticed. If you are not on twitter you can share a link to this competition on Facebook.

Good luck kittens. Competion closes Friday 6th March at 13:00.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • Posterous
  • Twitter

, ,

1. #1 by Samantha on February 22, 2011 - 12:08 pm

Must have one!!! Is that what you were wearing on Sunday??

2. #2 by Samantha Laura Kaye on February 22, 2011 - 6:46 pm

It is indeed.
    I am impressed that you noticed!

3. #3 by Kathrin Campbell on December 1, 2011 - 5:59 am

Great review of Clinique! I’m using this sticks bit long time and it’s really impressive. Thanks dear for making good details of Clinique Chubby stick.

4. #4 by Lize Kay on March 29, 2012 - 1:37 pm

I only have 6 months of being able to do this, so do it I shall…

I need these because I’m getting married! And these should most definitely go with me on my wedding day, and on my honeymoon to France.

5. #5 by konfytbekkie on March 29, 2012 - 1:43 pm

I NEED to have these in my life as have been aspiring to be the queen of lipsticks. My handbag is filled with my favourite lipsticks and glosses, MAC and Estee Lauder alike. I feel like my life would be incomplete without these magnificent chubby sticks, though. Also, it would be a GREAT excuse to buy a new handbag. You know, to make more space for my lipstick collection… ;)

6. #6 by Kath on March 29, 2012 - 2:04 pm

I’ve tweeted and liked :)

I NEED these – I’ve just got back from 8 months travelling Africa and have zero lipsticks (only vaseline) and no money to buy any (due to all the travelling)!

7. #7 by Anne on March 29, 2012 - 3:06 pm

WANT!I love the idea of an actual lip crayon, and am completely obsessed with lipsticks and lipglosses!Am completely in love with the colours shown here too!(and I just liked your page:)Pretty please!

8. #8 by leigh on March 29, 2012 - 6:53 pm

The perfect handbag addition for those back to back meeting days when you need to look fresh and unflustered. Perfect way to add just the right amount of colour effortlessly #ChubbyStick

9. #9 by rachel on March 30, 2012 - 9:09 am

i’m chubby and smooth and sparkly and i make you feel soft and lucious and complete,….match made in heaven……..

10. #10 by Sam Kilian on April 5, 2012 - 6:46 am

Im heart broken, after you introducing me to the glory of the chubby stick, I bought one- it became my lifelong best friend, my glamorous companion…. All until that fateful night *sniff*
    It fell out my purse and has never been seen again.

The agony my lips feel without this precious piece of lippy heaven

*wails*

11. #11 by Curls46 on April 5, 2012 - 8:36 am

I am a Clinique freak and I want one!

12. #12 by Andria on April 6, 2012 - 11:38 am

I am an absolute fan of Clinique!
    It would be the perfect make-up set and I love the Colour :)

(will not be published)